D. Pharmacy (Duration : 2 Years)
D.Pharmacy Course is a career-oriented program in the medical field of Pharmacy, designed to familiarize candidates with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science.
The purpose of the program is to prepare students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for entry-level positions in retail pharmacies as well as pharmaceutical companies. The course essentially provides an overview of the theory, and various principles and practices involved in the science of pharmacy. Components of study within D. Pharmacy Syllabus include pharmacy software practice, accurate and safe processing of prescriptions, compounding techniques, third party billing, inventory control, adherence to relevant legislation, accurate and confidential record-keeping, and effectively verbal and written communication. Such candidates are prepared to work as members of an interdependent health-care team. They are taught industry ethics including those involving patientprovider relationships, clinical research, and end-of-life care.
This course examines other ethical topics such as distribution of scarce resources, use of stem cells, the role of genetic testing, and issues of human cloning. Students are taught to reviews drug approval processes, drug discovery, pharmaceutical applications. They learn about the vast regulatory requirements involved in testing, screening, preclinical, and clinical trials of drugs.
D.Pharmacy course aims to prepare eligible candidates to:
• Fill orders under a pharmacist's supervision, enter client information.
• Identify prescriptions, and process paperwork for orders.
• Understand and apply drug and medical terminology, as well as basic pharmacology.
• Understand drug dosage calculations, commonly used pharmacy computer systems, compounding, and pharmacy practices and procedures.
• Apply the ethics, legislations, and workplace safety regulations applicable to pharmacies.
The program aims to build elementary basic concepts of pharmaceutical science involving Pharmaceutics, Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology, Pharmacognosy, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Health Education, Community Pharmacy, etc. in students.
SEATS IN D.PHARMACY PROGRAMME
Admission in the colleges will be made 85% seats (of the intake sanctioned by AICTE) in D.Pharm courses in private self-financed pharmacy colleges shall be filled through RCA Pharmacy / Direct. Remaining 15% seats (of the intake sanctioned by AICTE) in D.Pharm courses in each private self-financed college shall be filled under management quota by respective private self-financed college.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
All residents of India fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for admission to D.Pharm course in a colleges affiliated to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, on the basis of instructions given in this information booklet, the relevant rules of RUHS, Jaipur and directions of State Govt. / Supreme Court issued in case of P.A. Inamdar v/s State of Maharashtra (2005) 6 SCC 537
Minimum Qualification –Any student pass in 10+2 examination or intermediate examination or the first year of the three year degree course or pre-degree examination or an equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the subject